Councillor for Darwin
Richard is a Civil and Structural Engineer and has lived in the Borough all his life apart from 5 years spent at university. Richard is a great supporter of preserving the greenbelt from inappropriate development, and believes that planning should be made more localised – after all, local residents are best placed to know what’s best for their local community.
Richard has a keen interest in Darwin Ward’s extensive history and heritage. From Biggin Hill Airport as a strategic defence base for London in the Battle of Britain, to Charles Darwin’s landscape laboratory and the proposed World Heritage Site.’
- Development Control Committee
- Pensions Investment Sub-Committee
- Plans Sub-Committee No. 2 (Vice-Chairman)
- Plans Sub-Committee No. 4
- Rights of Way Sub-Committee